2 Kings 4:1-7
I. Guarding the Oil in My House
Proper perspective is vital for women who love and serve God.
The importance of proper perspective is to shut the door to the enemy's plan of destruction in our lives.
HOW do we keep proper perspective in challenging and trying circumstances?
A. Make our petitions known to God.
- This widow was in a financial crisis. She needed her debts paid.
B. Don't discount what we already have.
- She had a jar of oil and didn't realize it's value. She limited her thinking.
NOTE : oil often represents the Holy Spirit and His anointing.
C. Realize the presence and power of the Spirit of God that works in us.
- Ephesians 3:20 Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we can ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us.
D. Change our focus!
- As children of God, we will focus on WHOSE we are and God's faithfulness.
Guarding our personal oil (Holy Spirit and anointing) will help us to maintain proper perspective and proper perspective will help us focus on the the God of the problem instead of the problem!
WHAT does proper perspective provide for us?
A. Guidance, direction and illumination.
- Destruction hides in darkness. Keeping proper perspective sheds light and shuts the door to the enemy and renders powerless his plan of destruction.
II. Look for and gather empty vessels
A. Be proactive in receiving what you need.
- Shut the door on your circumstances and be determined by your faith to maintain confidence in God and stay obedient to His Word. Faith requires action!
B. The world is filled with empty vessels watching how God's people respond in times of crisis.
- Resist becoming so focused on the fight that you forget the lost and hurting around you that need God to fill their emptiness. Allow God to bring glory to Himself and purpose to your pain by your testimony.
C. Oil, obedience and emptiness
- God alone is more than enough and He will use what you already have to perform a miracle. Even things that look to have no value or are simply empty are tools in the hands of our Mighty God.
SHUT THE DOOR, GUARD YOUR OIL, FOCUS ON WHAT YOU POSSES, BRING GOD EMPTY VESSELS AND....
EXPECT A MIRACLE!
Posted on Fri, November 4, 2016
by Kathy Clark filed under